C, C++, Labview, Matlab
We are looking for a Controls Engineer with C/ C++ experience for a 6+ month contract opportunity in the Minneapolis, MN area.
General Job Description:
Work under general direction of controls and electrical engineering technical leads to perform in-depth engineering or computer science analysis.
• Develop and/or implement software communication interfaces between emulated components on common data busses (GbE, MIL-STD-1553, serial, CAN) using c/c++ and the Simulink/Real-Time Workshop toolkit to support auto-code based real-time software development.
• Develop control system design in Labview and Matlab for controlling high power electronic subsystems.
• Develop and execute automated test procedures to verify the functionality of the manual and auto-generated control code.
• Develop graphical user interfaces for user interaction with the control system
• Develop data logging and display functionality for test execution and analysis
• Communicates frequently with technical stakeholders to ensure design standards and performance requirements are met.
• In-depth knowledge of Labview and Matlab/Simulink/Real-Time Workshop auto-code development tools.
• In-depth knowledge of modeling and simulation electro-mechanical systems using Matlab toolboxes.
• Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
• Familiarity with National Instruments Labview and Veristand software.
• Familiarity with embedded servo controllers & logic controlled mechanisms.
• Electro-mechanical system models
• State diagram modeling and simulation using Stateflow
OPEN TO US CITIZENS ONLY. Due to the nature of the work, only US citizens (either born or naturalized) will be considered for this role. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This position does not qualify for sponsorship. NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES PLEASE. Applicant must be able to prove authorization to work in the US as part of Form I-9 verification.
If you are interested and available for this full-time position please use the apply process where you found this job or apply directly on our website at the following URL: http://www.newtownsolutions.com/show_job.cfm?ID=00003134&SRC=NTS