St. Paul, MN
Engineering design, Project Management, Full Life Cycle Management
The Project Manager will manage the design, manufacturing, subcontracting, and commissioning of technical ground test facilities and equipment. The Project Manager is accountable for the overall success, both financial and customer satisfaction, of assigned projects through project team leadership and focus of a multi-functional team. Responsibilities include project planning, scheduling, budgeting, communications, and reporting from order receipt through customer acceptance. This includes responsibility for technical and commercial management, coordination, and monitoring of assigned resources within a matrix team structure. The Project Manager is responsible to lead, support, monitor, and motivate the project team and will act as the champion for the team in obtaining needed support as well as making / ensuring timely decisions in line with project schedule, cost, and quality needs. The Project Manager is responsible to lead and manage the interface and communications with the customer / client stake holders in a proactive manner that serves to align customer expectations with achievable project results. Engineer
• Utilizing the customer PO, specification, contract, and as appropriate company proposal, to establish a sound project plan for fulfillment of customer requirements. The project plan will cover resourcing, cost, quality, schedule, and risk aspects.
• Proactively manage customer stakeholders in order to set expectations that are inline with project plans and in line with the project team’s ability to deliver. Establish a trust based mutually beneficial relationship with key customer stakeholders such that issues that develop can be openly addressed while avoiding unnecessary reactions. Clarify and negotiate issues with the customer as needed.
• Motivate, lead, manage, and monitor assigned project team members in line with project requirements and company internal procedures.
• Lead the cross disciplined engineering team ensuring overall project coordination and each discipline’s needs are understood / coordinated on a detailed level.
• Monitor project progress to ensure timely addressing of project issues though support staff, and through functional management.
• Prepare and maintain project forecasts and schedules for each project including materials, labor and subcontractors.
• Serve as communication focal point for customers, interdepartmental customers, vendors, and subcontractors for each assigned project.
• Act as company’s focal point for contract administration. Understand / clarify contract requirements, negotiate changes, achieve contractual acceptance / completion, issue invoices, and pursue delinquent payments as necessary.
• Participate in project proposal and contract negotiations in support of the proposal team
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of related education and experience focused in project delivery, contract administration and quality
• 5 years progressive project management experience
• Demonstrated in depth knowledge and experience in a professionally run project management environment coupled with a proven ability to adapt the project management approach to the specific project / client situation
• Demonstrated P&L leadership, at the project level, with a proven track record of leading and delivering successful projects within an engineer-to-order matrix structure; strong leadership, problem solving, and motivational skills are essential factors
• Strong client-facing skills, with demonstrated success managing client expectations and successfully fulfilling project requirements on time and on budget
• Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a proactive planned approach, delivering success in a cross-function team environment
• Strong understanding of project management and engineering tools & practices. Past experience applying risk management and subcontractor management within a technical engineered project environment is essential. Experience applying Earned Value Management (EVM), Systems Engineering, and Project Management Professional (PMP) credentials are a strong plus.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office applications and proficiency with related industry software.
• Excellent communication skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to write and deliver clear and effective technical reports / presentations is essential
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• Office environment.
• Business travel – up to 20%
If you are interested and available for this challenging opportunity, please use the apply process where you found this job or apply directly on our website at the following URL: http://www.newtownsolutions.com/show_job.cfm?ID=00003069&SRC=NTS
Note: This position does not qualify for sponsorship, no third party resumes please. Applicant must be able to prove authorization to work in the US as part of Form I-9 verification.